As a data processor, Acceptiva (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, which includes any items of personal data which altogether could constitute the personal information that you may choose to provide to us or to our clients via our forms, API, or platform (“Personal Information”). This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) defines how any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting acceptiva.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. We will process all your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
Information We Receive
We collect certain information from and about our visitors in three ways: from the information that you voluntarily enter into Acceptiva forms or the forms created by our clients and sent to our platform via our API, by means of cookies that we use to enable log in access to your profile or Acceptiva account, or from web server logs that we use to manage our fraud monitoring and prevention tools and to understand the types of devices and browsers used to access our platform.
1.Web Server Logs
When you visit our Website or any of the Acceptiva forms that we host for clients, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. With each visit we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) that referred you to our Site (including date and time); page response times and download errors.
- Certain cookies are essential to the proper function of this site.
- We do not track your personal activities when you’re not on this site.
2.Information that you enter into Acceptiva hosted forms or via our API
Users of Acceptiva forms or forms that our clients create that send information to us via our API provide information to Acceptiva, some of which we need to complete the online transaction process. Some of the information provided may be optional. The Personal Information you give us to enable the completion of an online transaction process may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card or bank account numbers and other relevant information.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will use the information you give to us to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use Personal Information we collect about you:
- to complete the online transaction processing on behalf of our clients as appropriate, depending on the form that you voluntarily interacted with;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Sharing of Identifiable Information
Acceptiva is a Level One PCI DSS Service Provider. We use technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, and information about our clients and their donors, payers (constituents) and their web site usage is maintained in a secure environment. Information about our clients or their constituents and their web site usage is not shared with third parties for marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any client’s usage or their constituent’s usage of our web site.
Where we store your data
Access to your Information
If your transaction on the Acceptiva platform was initiated from within one of the countries that is a member of the European Union (EU), the GDPR Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access to personal information stored by Acceptiva can be exercised in accordance with the Act, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptiva will also remove, change personal information and stop any processes associated with personal information that resides on Acceptiva’s secure servers, as requested by the owner of the information (data subject) as required by the Act. To request removal or a change of information in accordance with the Act, send an email to email@example.com.
To access or request removal or changes of information provided by you via Acceptiva forms or our API but stored independently by our clients on their own secure servers, contact the appropriate client directly.